The future of LGBTQ Rights


"And don't think you gonna know when the ends gonna be

Cause if you knew that little piece of information

Then wed be calling you God

And as you see, baby, we aint"

- Slanguage: Performed by Pika Whitman



Nobody knows what the future has in store, and the further you look, the more uncertain things get. But to make the best guess, you must look at the past. Sometimes, history is doomed to repeat itself, or we can learn from it and move toward a better society. We take two steps forward to take one step back, such as womens rights. We are making the workplace equal, closing the pay gap, and putting fewer scripts on them. However, women's rights to abortions are being taken away daily. If we look at the history of LGBTQ rights in America, we see that we have come a long way in getting society to accept and respect LGBTQ individuals. Then, in 2022, we have a slew of Dont Say Gay laws that became state laws. 

In both of these scenarios, it was mostly culturally acceptable to have an abortion or to be a part of or support the LGBTQ movement. Then, the government went against public perception. This is why I created my image using DALL·E 2. 


I see the future of LGBTQ rights having to be political. The first prompt that I gave was "America dystopian future. Has one solders listening to the president". Once I looked at the results, It was too dystopian and not gay enough. 



This was also when I thought of the iconic photo of Aldof Hitler giving a speech to his soldiers and how it looks eerily similar to a presidential inauguration.


 


So then I asked DALL·E to create a photo of the first transgender president of The United States inauguration speech. 
                                           



Looking at the results, the photo needed people in the audience, and because I plan to be the first transfer president, I needed the image to have someone with melanated skin. My new prompt was, 



"First black transgender president of USA giving inauguration speech. Showing thousands in the crowd." 



Still, the following results lacked the magnitude of the situation, and it was indoors. The presidential inauguration occurs at the capital, so the photo needed to represent that. My next prompt was, 



First transgender president of USA giving inauguration speech in DC. 
 Back photo that shows thousands in the crowd.



With this photo, I knew I had done it. I gave it a couple more prompts to edit the photo a bit more, but because I was using DALL·E 2 instead of DALL·E 3, my abilities to edit the photo were limited, yet I still was able to come up with a photo that represents the future of LGBTQ rights. A drawing of me in the future because I am the future of LGBTQ people in the making.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Writing Assignment #1 (512 Words)

FINAL PAPER (Word Count: 2350)